Sunday 30 March 2008

Autumn Update

Where did March go? I've been working 2 days a week which really messes up my week. My routine is totally out the window and I cant seem to get into the swing of things. I spend my time catching up on stuff or so it feels - catching up with people, catching up with housework, catching up with other household stuff.
But there's probably only a few more weeks of work left and I've actually enjoyed it. The money has been very handy so I shouldn't complain now should I.
Easter has been and gone - I cannot believe there were Hot Cross Buns and Easter Eggs appearing in the shops in January!!! Does anyone buy them that early? I got 2 little choccy rabbits for our kids but haven't given them to them because they got enough chocolate from everyone else. Nanny also gave them PJ's and a ceramic "animal" egg cup so that was good.


We were at my parent's place in Brisbane for 5 days over the Easter weekend - my Dad bought some Crunchie and Caramello eggs and hid them round the house for the kids to find on Sunday morning, complete with basket in hand! Mum said she took photos but I forgot to get a copy.
DH and I weren't there on Easter Sunday morning because I surprised him with a night the Marriot Hotel for our 5th wedding anniversary. (We stayed here for our first 2 nights after our wedding.) As far as he knew we were just going out for dinner with my best friend but I told him mid afternoon on Saturday I wanted to take him for a drive to show him something ... and lo and behold, we arrived at the Marriot. Valet parking, champagne & choccies in the room, a gorgeous view of both the city and river plus the full buffet breakfast the next morning. Oh, and a comfy king size bed!


It wasn't the most relaxing holiday though because my parents are moving house so we helped with a lot of packing (and throwing out!) and moving things downstairs for their garage sale. They've got movers doing all the moving for them but they're doing all the packing themselves.

I did however take my Dad and the kids down to Wynnum for a play and fish & chips for lunch which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

Ciaran was particularly taken with my Dad - Grandad. It was gorgeous to see them interract.
So we've been home a week now and today, finally, I feel like I'm getting on top of things around the house. I finally sorted the kids clothes (packed away the stuff that's too small to give to friends or Vinnies and sorted through new stuff and bag after bag of hand-me-downs - no complaints about the h-m-d cos it sure saves a HEAP of $$$) and tidied up generally around the place and FINALLY started on the massive pile of ironing that is the bane of my existance.
And I also got some scrapping done, both today, and over the weekend - it feels so good to get into it again.
In my last post I mentioned Rach's online class at Divas which was AWESOME. Thanks again my gorgeous friend Rach, it was a terrific class. I've even made up a second "LO" today and am just waiting on my pics so I can complete both, then I can show you LOL.
It was also Divas CC last w/end - some great challenges and as usual lots of chat and good fun.
Here's my efforts (I only got 2 done) ...
Obviously the CC theme was "FRENDS" - the first LO is my DH with his best mate since childhoo, Tim (also pictured with his wife, my best mate, Kirsty). The second LO is my best friend Tanya and I at the Keith Urban concert in Brisbane in May 2007. It's based on a sketch from pencillines.
That's all for now folks ... stay tuned for the next instalment!

2 comments:

Moira said...

Really got to stop lurking and make sure I comment whenever I visit your blog (which is almos daily LOL) Love the LOs, great one of you and Tanya. Great catching up with you, and I promise, I; holidays now and have mastered the fandangled camera so will take lots of photos of my LOs and post them!!!! Enough already with the nagging!! :-)

Melleny Ams said...

I'm exhausted just reading all of that. You have been one busy girl.